wedi Joint sealant
Unique adhesive sealant for wedi building panel butt joints
|Basic material||Silyl Modified Polymer (SMP)|
|Green Strength||1400 Pa (Physica Rheometer MC100)|
|Specific Gravity||1.5 g/ml|
|Skin forming time (70°F/50% R.H.)||approx. 20 min.|
|Through hardening (70°F / 50% R.H.)||approx. 3 mm/24 hours|
|Volume change||< 3% (DIN 52451)|
|Tensile strength (100 %)||350 psi (DIN 53504/ISO 37)|
|Elongation at break||400% (DIN 53504/ISO 37)|
|Shore on hardness||50 (DIN 53505)|
|Shear Strength||350 psi (DIN 53283/ASTM D1002) (adh. thickness 2 mm, test speed 50 mm/min)|
|Temperature resistance||approx. -40°F to 25°F (-40°C to 121°C)|
|Application Temperature||41°F to 95°F (5°C to 35°C)|
Areas of use wedi Joint sealant
- Recommended application temperatures: 41°F – 95°F (5°C – 35°C)
- For cold weather application, condition units to 70°F prior to use.
- For best performance, sealants and adhesives should be applied to a joint at the midpoint of its designed expansion-contraction cycle.
- Place nozzle/tip into joint and fill as required in installation manuals. Maintain consistent and continuous beads.
- Compress internal joint applications between wedi products to be sealed. Tool topically applied sealant over seams using a putty knife.
- Alcohol must not be used in preparation for bonding as it will stop the curing process.
- Do not apply on surfaces below 40° F (4°C).
- Not recommended for direct glazing of glass, acrylic or polycarbonate windows.
- Relevant testing should always be performed by the user as wedi does not recommend wedi Joint Sealant as fit for any particular use besides the wedi product systems installations as specified in applicable wedi product literature.
For use as specified in wedi product system installations. General requirements: For reliable, repeatable and durable results, wedi joint sealant must be applied to clean, dry, sound and frost free surfaces, free of contaminants including, but not limited to paints, oils, oxide films, mold release agents, and dirt. wedi Joint sealant offers high green strength (internal strength) and permanently flexible adhesion in wedi construction joints and when exposed to alkaline environments.